Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

leaving Africa...

Hard to believe I am preparing to leave Africa one more time. I am now writing from the J'berg airport, where I will have my last delicious meal of calamari and catch my flight in a couple hours time.

After close to 4 months I have really developed a deep appreciation for the people, the history, the climate, and spirit of this magical place called Africa. My time in Mozambique was refreshing and really I had such a great time. My last day in Mozambique was spent with two of my Mozambican participants, who took me all around Maputo, so I could buy my last few African souvenirs and see a little more of their city. We had a lot of fun, having lunch at a Brazilian restaurant, eating delicious cakes at a five star hotel, walking through the central market and city botanical gardens... Muita Obrigada Celeste & Sansao- Foi muito bom!

At times I have been thinking that I might end up back here sometime soon. But really for the time being I am only thinking about arriving at Ali's place in Germany where I can finally put my bags down, and give my back a rest. For my birthday Ali has suggested we do a day at the Sauna, and really I couldnt think of anything else I would rather do than relax and unpack this an amazing experience in the heat of the sauna.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home