Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Swakopmund and 2 weeks to go!

Happy Valentine's Day

That's right its the day of love and I am enjoying it without a special valentine but with my team! That's because its Tuesday the day of the week when we have our educational activity days(or "EADs" as we like to call 'em). Today's topic is Local Economy so we had a some interesting discussions about the state of the economy here in Namibia, it role within the modern economic system of globalization and then later as a group tried to define Economy. Sounds good, eh? Well it kept a couple of us interested and engaged but a few others were a little lost.

Today is a little sad as we had to announce the deselection of yet another participant! That is right we are now down to 13 participants from a total of 18 at the start in September. It is unfortunate but in the end she really deselected herself with her actions and there was no other alternative than to send her home. She was a bit of an all star so its a little tough for everyone, myself included, to see her leave. She was one of our lead singers and always got the group singing and dancing to diferent Namibian folk music!

On another sadder note, I regret to announce the wedding has been canceled, me and vadim are having some difficulties that we need to work out. I think Vadim has a bad case of cold feet and the long distance relationship has really taken a toll on the both of us. We are hoping to reach a solution that works for us both. We are planning to meet in Europe after my contract and then only after meeting face to face and discussing possible solutions to our relationship will be able to give a proper update on our situation. Thank you for your understanding.

In the meantime I will continue to enjoy Namibia and all the beauty the country has to offer. Ali and I for instance are planning on heading out to do some camping nearby and hike one of Namibia's tallest mountains!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home