Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Waiting for Vadim

So it's a Friday night and I am behind my computer -typing away as I try to finish my "Ed Plan" for the program- which entails writing out all our learning objectives, in relation to the enivronment, local economy, social services, being human, etc, etc.... It's shaping up and I am happy to say I should have it in on time -today sometime- hopefully soon as I am getting a little tired...

Its been hard to concentrate as I am literally on-call for Vadim and his arrival location, time and date. He left Kaliningrad (Russia) on Thursday and was headed to Warsaw (Poland) in hopes of finding a seat sale and a ticket over here to see me. So since he left I have been waiting anxiously by the phone hoping each time it rings it will be him on the other end of the line.

Meanwhile, it's crazy hot here and my tiny little apartment is like a little sweatlodge especially between the hours of 3pm and 6pm, when the outside air seems hottest. I am getting used to it,however I think it would be really nice if I took those hours off to go visit the freezing cold waters of the mountain lake at Martha Creek up by the damn or to take a swim at Williams Lake located just a few minutes out of town.

I am crossing my fingers that the next time I write I will be happy to say Vadim has arrived safe and sound and we are planning our wedding and future life together in Russia and/or Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home