Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

From Russia to Edmonton to Revelstoke

Since I last wrote in May a lot has happened and changed. First of all, I left Russia, which was tough as me and Vadim had a wonderful time together, especially the last few days when we stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast out in the country, with a Russian sauna, gourmet dinner and amazing breakfast! As much as I would have loved to stay I had to leave as I had only 2 weeks to unpack and repack my bags for my new contract with Canada World Youth which started June 6th.

So needless to say when I arrived in Edmonton it was a little bit crazy and hectic, as I tried to pile in a dozen coffee dates and lunches in order to catch up with everyone before I would be leaving town again.

My new CWY job started with 2 weeks of training, one held in Edmonton, thank-goddess, and the other in a beautiful retreat centre outside of Montreal. The place was located on a beautiful lake in Quebec's mountains where we all stayed in the cuttest little cabins. The training was pretty full-on and intense, however not too intimidating and overall very well thought out and planned. After the training I was ready to start project development-which in CWY terms means preparing my host community -Revelstoke- for the program: recruiting host families, volunteer work placements, organzing all our group activities, meeting space,PR, etc, etc.

Revelstoke is amazing place for the program and I am very excited to be getting it all set up. Been meeting a lot of great people and in general very much enjoying my surroundings in the beautiful BC mountains!

Finally I am very excited to announce that me and Vadim are engaged! Wedding TBA most likely sometime next spring/summer.Not too sure yet on the location either a tropical island, Canada or Russia?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrates on the engagement!!!!

:)
Carrie

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home