Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

When it rains it pours!

It's funny as for awhile I didnt know where or what I would be doing after Eritrea, or even if I would stay longer, as in fact I was offered to stay and continue working with NUEW. While keeping my options open I applied to different jobs and even to grad school. Then this week, yesterday, I got both a contract offer with CWY(Canada World Youth) and the official acceptance letter into the grad program I applied for. Since I figured school will always be around, but good jobs are often hard to come by, I took the offer to work with Canada World Youth in the capacity of Project Supervisor. It's very exciting as it's an Tri-lateral Eco-Leadership Program, with participants from Naimbia, Mozambique and Canada. For June through to November I'll be in Revelstoke,BC and then December through March I'll be working in Naimbia. I am very excited, and happy to start my first "salary" job! I am expecting it'll be a challenging, rewarding and highly educational experience!

In the meantime, before my contract starts in June I still plan to travel to Russia to visit Vadim, but will shorten my stay as to be home, in Edmonton, 2 weeks before the contract begins!

The next few weeks are going to be fun and busy, I have a zillion and one things to do here before I leave Eritrea and then off to Russia for a quick vistit with Vadim. Over the next while I am not sure how much access I will have to the internet, so I may or may not be able to give too many updates, till I am back home.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Laura
Congrates on Canada World Youth!!! That is so awesome.. I am so happy for you! I always knew that you would be a project supervisor! So sorry that i could not come to visit you...
Please call me when you get back to Canada... I maybe in Alberta then visiting....
I wish you all the best! Say hi to Vadim!
crazycarrie77@hotmail.com

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, I've been reading your blog for sometime now and am happy to hear things are going well. Now that you're coming back to canada sooner than later please send me an email when your back, would love to visit!

rivetgirl242 'AT' hotmail.com

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey laura
you are my hero..
cwy ps that is SOOO COOL
say hi to Kaliningrad .. and Vadim for me!

amy from Edmonton

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
I'm going to put a world map up in the office and stick little pins in it for all the countries and places you've been and are going to. Very proud of you! You've done a tremendous service to Eritrean women. Congrats on the CWY position. We'll be looking forward to seeing you in June. Safe travels home!
Love,
Auntie

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home