Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Keeping Busy!

Over the last week I have kept extremely busy with work everyday and with a number of different social engagements pretty much every night and all last weekend, which included hosting a major cocktail party, attending a French gallery opening, dancing at salsa night at the Intercontinental Hotel, attempting yoga, my regular aerobics classes, an Oscars party, a farewell BBQ, the screening of Hotel Rwanda at Cinema Roma, and a full course gourmet vegetarian dinner. So to sum up - life here lately has been a lot fun and pretty busy. Things are just going to continue to pick up as my sister, Ali, arrives tomorrow night, and will be here for the next three weeks. She is bringing her jewelry-making supplies and will hopefully run a couple jewerly making workshops with the women here and at the youth organization where the other 2 Canadian interns are working. Moreover, she is bringing me an external hard drive and some video editing equipment so I can soon start editing from my laptop here at the office. So I am hoping to start a short film on the situation of FGM (Female Genital Mutilation)in Eritrea. It is a major problem here (89% prevalence rate), and is an area in which NUEW has been doing a lot of work educating women about its consequences and alternatives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home