Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Back from Midproject

Happy to report that midproject went over really well. We didnt all kill each other and nothing Lord of the Flies style occurred( which when leaving I thought would occur).

In fact I think we all grew closer and more fond of one another, enjoying each other's talents and traits, such as doing one another's hair, cooking gourmet meals, singing, dancing, etc.

We learned about African witchcraft and folk tales, and we learned how to meditate, do yoga from some of our keen Canadian participants.

We learned about Globalization, the Environment, the importance in protecting endangered species such as the Cheetah,and Rhino, etc.

In short it was great. Now I am back in Swakopmund and my boss is here, as well as two other project supervisors are visiting, they are on holiday here as they normally work in South Africa! Finally, Ali, my sister, is coming in a couple days to stay 2-3 weeks.

And if that couldnt be enough to make me happy, to top it off I just spend a great afternoon drinking Gin and Tonic at the beach with my boss! Life is grand, despite the few bumps and glitches we face and encounter from time to time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

We're reading with great interest about your experiences and hope all goes well to the end of your project. Keep up the great work!

Love
Auntie

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
Hope your yor last couple weeks in Namibia will be enjoyable and fun Best wishes,
Vadim

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home