Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Hottest Day of the Year!

So it's our last weekend in Swakop and its a hot one! Must be 30+ degrees! I just did my last bit of shopping, booked my ticket home(into Edmonton on the 3rd of April) and am going to take a dip in the sea after I get out of this hot internet cafe, where I am actually sweating as I type on the keyboard.

We had our host family and work placement farewell party last night. It was well attended and a lot of fun! All the families came and very much enjoyed our cozy potluck dinner and certificate ceremony.After which some went out dancing, but I couldnt be bothered I have been so exhausted lately just getting on top of everything making sure everything is in order before we leave next week. My counterpart on the otherhand went out all night and came home around 7am!

Its now the home stretch and now we just have to get all the final reports done and then facilitate the final debriefing(preparing the team for the realworld after the program!) And then I take the crew to Jo'berg where they board a plane bound to Canada via Europe and I go with my good pal Michelle to Mozambique. I plan to stay a week or so and then head back to Jo'berg where I will fly to Germany to see my sister again and Vadim.

Well I think the beach is calling my name and I am very hot at the moment,I think its the hotest day of the year so far, so I will end it here and take a nice swim- one of my last as we leave the host community Monday AM...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura - I can not believe that you are leaving Namibia - already! Wow. My dear friend Tuuli who has been driving across Africa for the past five months just arrived in Namibia yesterday - I wish that you could meet up with her, but you are departing before she will get to you... that is sad - feel free to check out her website: http://overland.naomba.com/index.html. I hope that all goes well for the rest of your travels, send Jen my love if you see her, as well good luck in working things out with Vadim...
xox
Teresa

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home