Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Sunshine is good for the soul!

Wow! Sunshine really makes you feel alive and so happy! Today in Swakopmund it was hot, its normally quite hot, but today was especially warm! So taking that weather condition into consideration I decided I owe it to myself to enjoy my beautiful surroundings and go to the beach for a little bit of well deserved R&R.

mmmm..... it was very nice.

I met Ali around 4pm, layed in the sun, swam in sea and now feel so alive! The water was especially nice, its normally between 17-20 degrees but today it was 22degrees. We swam in the sea for awhile and hung out by the beach till we saw the beautiful sunset.

After just a couple hours of direct sunshine and swimming in the sea I feel 100% better. Ali calls it the effects of a Vitamin D overdose!

My conclusion is sunshine is good for the soul!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home