Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Mozambique is Great!

So I have made it to Mozambique and am loving every single minute of it! The food is great, full of rice, vegtables, and lots of fish and seafood. The weather is warm, humid and sunny all day long. The people are outgoing, friendly and helpful! The souvenirs are awesome and inexpensive. The beach is incredible.... I went swimming with whale sharks yesterday and have bathed every day in the warm indian ocean since I arrived last Wednesday! We are currently staying a beautiful simple resort on the Tofu Beach and its so beautiful! The bar, located on a cliff over looking the toquoise waters, is playing reggae music non-stop and is always serving up delicious local dishes...

Unfortunately I have to leave this place, that which I call paradise, tomorrow morning at 4:30am, so I can make my connecting bus to Maputo at 5:30am. The bus ride is a bit of a challenge, its an 8hr bumpy journey along the coast of Mozambique, along a road which at times doesnt even resemble a road, more like a path through the mud.

After Maputo its off to J'berg where I fly to Europe on Tuesday! I will go to see Ali and after Vadim will join me there for my 27th's bday!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,I just wanted to write and let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. I work with your Mom and we frequently discuss your blog(since we do not have anywhere near as exciting a life as you do!) Take care and enjoy your holiday.Bonnie

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home