Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Mission Accomplished!

Yesterday was an end and a new beginning, as it was the last day of the program. We took at 12hr train ride from Swakopmund to Windhoek, barely got into Windhoek on time for our flight ( as the train was 2 hr behind schedule) Then from there we flied to South Africa. At 6pm the participants went through customs and checked in, as they were to take the plane on their own and at that very same moment I become a new free woman! Yippee! Suddently relieved of all my responsibilities as the dedicated, over-worked project supervisor I am!

Now I am enjoying myself at a nice hostel in Jo'berg. Today we(Michelle and I) tried to get Mozambican visas, however, by the time we managed to locate the consulate( after getting a full city tour of the place) it was too late! So we decided to buy our bus tickets anyways and we are now destined to arrive in Mozambique tomorrow afternoon. From that point we will meet up with another fellow project supervisor- ALison- and head to Praia do Tofu(Beach Tofu) for some fun, relaxation and sad to say, a little work- as we all have some final report writing to get done...

Looking forward to the great beaches, fresh seafood and +40 degrees weather! Mozambique here I come>>>>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home