Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Monday, October 29, 2007

The time flies by

A couple more weeks have somehow seemed to fly by and we are now close to approaching the one month benchmark, which is hard to believe. I guess the phase is going to fly by, just as fast as the Canadian Phase did for all of us. Before you know it we’ll all be celebrating Xmas...

In the last couple weeks I was fortunate to have had a lovely visitor come by for a few days. That visitor was no other than Ali, my sister, who is presenting living with her partner in Cochabamba for the next few months. She came to stay with us for a few days and we had a great time together with Jaime. We did a little bit of shopping and sight-seeing here in La Paz and then got in a good night of dancing, which felt ever so good, as it has been awhile since I have been out dancing.And we all know how I love to dance!

We also had a movie night, as I managed to buy speakers for my laptop. So we bought a couple movies, snacks and pushed the two single beds together in my room for the three of to enjoy a fun relaxed movie night.

Apart from that not much else is going on here, continuing to get my bearings here in La Paz and do a bit more exploring on my own. One difficult part is that a lot of people have fallen sick in the last while, with all sorts of stomach problems, including myself! But luckily nothing so far has been beyond what a few pills, water and rest wont cure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home