Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Leaving Camrose

Hard to believe today was the last time I will make the one hour journey from my mom's to my sweet little apartment here in Camrose. Today my mom joined me, as we pack the last of my things and clean my apartment up so that its ready for tomorrow's walk through. Tomorrow at 8:30am the team will meet at Messiah Lutheran Church one last time to say goodbye to their host families and the friends they have made here in Camrose. After we'll be off to Edmonton for a couple days and then Thursday we are airbound and off to Africa!

1 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

Hi Laura!

Thank you for a very interesting and insightful blog! I recently applied to be a project supervisor with CWY and if I'm selected, I have a better idea of what I am in for!

Thanks!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home