Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

CWY 35th Anniversary!

Busy times have been had here in Camrose! The group has been doing great, but getting everything done in somewhat regular 40 hour work weeks has been a bit of challenge. But that is no surprise as NOBODY told me to expect this job to have "regular" hours. In any case I am enjoying the jobs and the constant challenges it throws my way!

Last week we were lucky to have a retreat to Banff, where me and my counterpart met up with 18 other project supervisors working here in Alberta and BC. It was a great time and I remembered feeling as though I just did a week at Summer Camp, as we had so much fun and made lots of new friends!

Since we have been back in Camrose its been very busy, as we have been celebrating CWY's 35th Anniversary. That has been pretty all consuming and tiring, but also a lot of fun. We had a great open house last Sunday, then on Monday we had a Multilingual Language Class. Tomorrow we are meeting at the local city hall at 8:30am, as the mayor is declaring this week officially CWY week, and then later that evening we'll be at City Hall in Edmonton to celebrate the 35th! Happy Bday CWY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home