Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

One Week to Go...

Hard to imagine but in one weeks' time I will be on my way to Africa to miss my third winter in a row. I feel though as I havent quite missed this one, as its been really cold here in Camrose; currently the temperature outside is -27 degrees with the wind chill. We were just at a rather rustic simple camp out at a lake just outside of town 20 minutes, and in the end decided to pack 'er up and head back into Camrose one day earlier. The camp was a large hall with a kitchen and stage. There was no running water, nor bathing facilties and an outdoor toliet!

Now its time to get the group ready for the next phase and our travel to Africa- Mozambique. I think its going to be an amazing experience, however I suspect for some it will be very challenging. I suspect different people in our group will be needing support that was the case here in Camrose.

In the next couple days I need to pack up my apartment and pack my suitcase for our trip- as one week passes by very quickly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home