Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Falling into Place

I am absolutely loving Durban and all the diversity the city has to offer! This week everything seemed to fall into place, I made some friends, went to an interesting lecture at the university and met a fellow Canadian there. I also went dancing twice, as I found a place to dance salsa here in Durban. There is a local couple here who are trying to build a salsa scene in Durban, they offer dance classes twice a week which are followed by a little dance social afterwards. Then as if that wouldnt be enough to make my life complete I also got out a little and went to a very cool cultural centre, The Bat Centre, and danced to live african drumming and music. And then also that weekend a classmate of mine (who is doing his internship in Johannesberg) came to visit me. All in all, having loads of fun, just wishing it wouldn't have to end! Unfortunately now that everything seems to have fallen into place I will be preparing to head back to Berlin in April!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home