Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas



So there is no snow, its 20 degrees and its Christmas Eve, as a Canadian from Edmonton this seems strange and far from the regular Christmas feeling. In any case, I am sending you this warm beautiful photo of a woman from the village I visited yesterday just outside Asmara. She is participating in NUEW's micro-credit program and is so proud of the eggs she sells, after buying some hens with the small loan she was given.The small loan this women recieved has greatly impacted her life and the life of her family, and her community in general. This Christmas I encourage us all to think of this example and realize how little it takes to improve the lives of others. I think we can all afford to share a little of our wealth with others less fortunate, and make a difference in the world and in the lives of others!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home