Where the Sun Shines

Since 2003 I have worked with Canada World Youth and Change for Children in many places throughout Africa and Latin America. This website has served as a medium to share my experiences, to tell my stories from "the field". This year (2010) I will be returning to Mozambique to work as a project supervisor again with Canada World Youth.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Eritrean Film Opportunity

So one day into my time here in Eritrea and the women here at NUEW have given me a wonderful project, right up my alley- they want me to help produce a film documenting the organization's 25th anniversary ceremony. I will have access to footage taken by some professional cameramen (however, I intend to also take some footage) and we will later arrange for the film to be edited in a professional studio. I will be in charge of directing the overall production of the film, writing the script, and doing the English narration for the film. I am very excited about the project as it will coincide nicely with the documentary film project I have been writing several grant proposals for, as I am hoping to make a film about the situation of women and refugees in the Horn of Africa, during my time here in Africa. In the meantime this weekend I may get an opportunity to visit a couple of NUEW's women centres outside Asmara- as they also celebrate NUEW's 25th aniversary.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds great, Laura :)

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is fantastic Laura! (from Chris Peters) Good luck with the documentary.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home